Atmore Mobile Home Fire Blamed On Candles Used During Power Outage

  • Source:
  • Published: 09/13/2017 12:00 AM

A Monday night Atmore mobile home fire is being blamed on candles. Firefighters responded to the mobile home fire on Old Ship Circle in Atmore just before 10 p.m. Monday. Everyone was out of the home and there were no injuries. The home was total loss. Atmore Fire Chief Ronald Peebles said the fire was started by the unattended use of candles during a power outage. That power outage was the result of a motor vehicle accident a short time prior to the blaze. The fire re-flashed shortly about 12:30 Tuesday afternoon.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe