City of Scottsdale
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
The Scottsdale Fire Department is currently accepting on-line applications for the following position:
Fire Inspector - ($56,451.20 – 82,056.00 annually)
The Fire Inspector conducts regular or unusual Inspections of buildings and property for fire
hazards and compliance with fire prevention laws and standards. The class will also assist with
conducting public education for fire prevention methods and control through local prevention programs.
Click here to review the entire job description.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) is required.
- Eighteen semester credits (or equivalent quarter units) in fire science, fire prevention or investigation courses. Proof of ongoing continuing education in fire prevention and/or building safety inspection may be substituted for this requirement.
- Requires three years of experience in fire prevention and/or building safety inspection work.
Licensing, Certification and Other Requirements:
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
· Certification from the International Code Council (ICC) in the current city adopted version of the International Fire Code (IFC) or International Building Code (IBC) OR completion of NFPA Fire Inspector II is required within 12 months of hire date.
· Completion of the National Fire Academy R206 and R208 Fire Investigation Classes, completion of the Arizona Arson Investigation series I and II or ICC Fire Plans Reviewer certification is required within 12 months of hire date.
Only on-line applications through the City of Scottsdale's Job Opportunities website will be accepted. The posting will be open from Thursday, 10/11/18 through Sunday, 11/25/18. This is an external recruitment (open to everyone).
Questions regarding this recruitment may be forwarded Alena Sampson at email@example.com