Town of Vail Fire and Emergency Services
Location: Vail, CO
Apply by August 27th! https://careers-vailgov.icims.com/jobs/1216/firefighter/job
The Town of Vail Fire and Emergency Services (VFES) is now recruiting for the position of Firefighter. Firefighters are responsible for providing quality fire suppression, EMS, rescue, fire prevention, and public education to the community and our guests. Duties include but are not limited to extinguishing fires under stressful and hazardous conditions. Additional duties include rescue of endangered victims from vehicles, water, buildings, and the environment (i.e. ice rescue). Job duties also include station maintenance, equipment maintenance, training, and other duties as appropriately assigned. Firefighters frequently perform their duties in stressful situations and hazardous conditions while being exposed to temperature extremes, dirty environments and noisy conditions.
New firefighters are expected to complete S-212 within 24 months of hire, and perform the role of acting Engineer as needed. The ideal candidate will function well within the VFES chain of command; possess a high level of moral character, physical fitness, leadership, and professionalism. VFES Firefighters are expected to be life-long learners and have a high level of commitment to safety. Work is performed under the supervision of a Company Officer, with the ideal candidate demonstrating the ability to develop into a supervisory role.
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do.
· H.S. Diploma or equivalent
· Valid CPAT (at time of hire)
· Firefighter 1 (Colorado preferred, if candidate possesses a Firefighter 1 from another state, must obtain Colorado FF 1 within 12 months of hire)
· EMT-Basic (Colorado preferred, if candidate possesses a EMT-B from another state, must obtain a Colorado EMT-B within 3 months of hire)
· Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations Certificate (Colorado preferred, if candidate possesses HM-FRO from out another state, must obtain HM-FRO within 12 months of hire.
· Class R driver’s license or CDL. (If out of state must obtain Colorado DL within 30 days of hire).
· One year experience as a Firefighter
· State of Colorado Haz-Mat operations certificate
· ICS 100/200 NIMS 700/800
· S-212 (within 24 months of hire)
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the above):
· Firefighter II
· Introduction to Blue Card and strategy and tactics
· Associates Degree in Fire Science Technology/Administration
· Colorado CDL
· CMC Driver Operator COP
· VFES Pumper/Aerial taskbook completion (internal candidates).
· Swiftwater Rescue Technician
· Rope Rescue Technician
· Haz Mat Technician
Questions? Please contact Fire Chief Mark Novak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver (100 miles to the east) and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water).
The Town of Vail is a certified "Great Place to Work". When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information.
The Town of Vail offers an excellent benefits and compensation package to our Full-time employees. This includes health and dental coverage, town-funded retirement, 457 pre-tax savings plan, life/survivor insurance, tennis pass, golf pass and other ski pass/wellness benefits.
What’s more, the town offers many other benefits to help employees make Vail their “home” including employee housing options, home buyer/renter assistance programs, day care assistance, education reimbursements, professional development opportunities and much, much more.
The Town of Vail is an Equal Opportunity Employer