PHOTOS: A grill being used to cook inside an Irwin garage caused a structure fire over the weekend.
The Swan Valley Fire District was called to the fire on Sunday at 5:45 p.m.
The home was evacuated before firefighters arrived and there were no reported injuries.
According to a Facebook post from the fire district, when firefighters arrived, the attached garage was in flames. Firefighters were able to save most of the home and belongings inside.
Swan Valley Fire District Chief Travis Crystal told EastIdahoNews.com the garage is a total loss. One bedroom inside the house was damaged.
Crystal said he met with a state fire marshal on Monday morning and determined the official cause of the fire. The Idaho State Fire Marshal’s Office posted online that a malfunction of a propane grill being used inside of a garage was the cause of this fire.
East Idaho News
On June 5, 2023, Mayor Dan Johnson named Deputy Fire Chief Greg Rightmier as the interim Fire Chief for the Lewiston Fire Department. According to the press release, Chief Rightmier has nearly four decades of fire service experience and has contributed significantly to the operations of the Lewiston Fire Department, serving as the Deputy Fire Chief for almost two years. His administrative and communication skills and steadfast leadership in support of the Fire Chief's office have been commendable.
In making this appointment, Mayor Johnson expressed his confidence in Chief Rightmier, stating, "I appointed Chief Rightmier to this leadership position because of his proven capabilities and deep commitment to the safety and well-being of the fire department employees and our community."
Big Country News Connection
The development partners of an eight-unit housing project for Wood River Valley first responders have commenced construction and anticipate the project will be completed by the end of the year.
Sun Valley City Administrator Jim Keating announced the news in a project update to the Sun Valley City Council and Mayor Peter Hendricks on Thursday. Keating gave the update before council members voted 4-0 to disburse $984,000 to pay for the second of two orders for four prefabricated homes to be installed at a site immediately south of the Greenhorn Fire Station in the mid-valley, adjacent to state Highway 75.
Four units had already been ordered from Utah-based manufacturer Zip Kit Homes, through Idaho Falls-based Mountain Valley Prefab.
Idaho Mountain Express - Metered Site