House fire caused by heater displaces family in Walla Walla

  • Source: KNDU-TV NBC 25 Richland
  • Published: 11/28/2023 12:00 AM

According to a press release from the Walla Walla Fire Department, a house caught fire early in the morning of Thursday, Nov. 23 on Chase Avenue and W Maple Street. WWFD says crews were sent out to the fire at 12:15 a.m., finding heavy smoke and flames coming from the back of the house and later finding smoke coming from the basement. WWFD, with assistance from Walla Walla County Fire District 4 and the College Place Fire Department, confirmed no one was in the house before controlling the fire by 12:36 a.m. The fire was determined to be an accident by investigators who found combustible items stored too close to a portable heater. Two people from the home went to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. No firefighters were injured.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe