Elderly man rescued from Rockford house fire

  • Source: WREX-TV NBC 13 Rockford
  • Published: 04/23/2024 12:00 AM

An elderly man is in the hospital after a house fire Monday afternoon. First responders were called to the 300 block of Howard Avenue around 4:30 p.m. for a house fire where an elderly man was trapped on the second floor. When firefighters got to the scene, they found an elderly man hanging out the second floor window with smoke billowing out behind him. Rockford firefighters used a ladder truck to rescue the man and get him to the hospital. The man's condition is unknown at this time. The Rockford Fire Department says the fire caused around $25,000 in damage and are still investigating how the fire started.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe