Accidental gas leak sparks BBQ restaurant fire in Atlanta

  • Source: WAGA-TV FOX 5 Atlanta
  • Published: 03/26/2024 12:00 AM

VIDEO/PHOTOS: Evacuations, road closures, and a restaurant fire were sparked by an accidental gas line rupture by a construction crew on Monday morning. Emergency crews responded around 10 a.m. near Campbellton Road SW and Dodson Drive in Atlanta. Atlanta Fire officials say seven nearby buildings were evacuated, including an apartment building. The incident was reported around 10 a.m. SKYFOX 5 flew over the scene shortly before noon and observed crews working in the area. Roads were closed in the area until repairs could be made. Shortly before 1 p.m., it was reported that a nearby barbecue restaurant was on fire. SKYFOX 5 launched again to fly over the fire. The restaurant appeared to be PO Freddie's Barbecue at 2683 Campbellton Road SW.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe