Mitchell County fire destroys chicken house

  • Source: WALB-TV NBC 10 Albany
  • Published: 09/14/2022 11:20 AM

PHOTO: An electrical fire sent a Mitchell County chicken house up in flames Tuesday evening, according to Mitchell County Fire Rescue. Firefighters said at least one-half of a chicken house at Ulysses Poultry was destroyed by a fire. Firefighters also said the fire was caused by an electrical problem in the chicken house. No one was injured in the blaze. While some chickens survived the fire, many were lost. The business owners are still trying to determine the damage estimate. The Mitchell County Fire Department said a number of volunteer fire departments helped put out the fire, including the Autry State Prison Fire Department.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe