PHOTO: A family of six was displaced when investigators said an electrical fire sparked in their cartage and spread to their porch at their Dacula home on Saturday night.
Five adults and a child lived there, and they're receiving assistance from the American Red Cross, according to Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services. One person was treated for smoke inhalation, and they're expected to recover. No one else reported injuries. Crews arrived at around 8:14 p.m. and saw the front of the two-story home on River Pass Court burning. Once the porch fire was out, firefighters went inside and extinguished interior flames.
Crews searched for people inside and used ladders on the front of the home.
Firefighters had gained control of the scene in about 20 minutes, officials said.