Garage ‘used as a living space’ catches fire in Fresno

  • Source: KGPE-TV CBS 47 Fresno
  • Published: 04/01/2024 10:59 PM

A detached garage that officials believe was being used as a living space caught on fire Monday morning in Fresno, according to the Fresno Fire Department. Firefighters say they responded to a report of a residential structure on fire on the 3100 block of East Butler Avenue. It was first reported at around 3:45 a.m. When they arrived, firefighters reported that the fire was in the detached garage behind the residence. Firefighters say there were initial reports of people being inside the building but everyone got out upon their arrival. “We had some mixed information as far as reports on whether or not people were occupying that structure…the report is that there were people occupying that as their normal living space” said Batallion Chief Bob Camp.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe