Man dies after being pulled out of burning shed in Mesa

  • Source: KPNX-TV NBC 12 Mesa
  • Published: 02/09/2024 02:02 PM

A man has died after sustaining extensive burn injuries early Friday morning in Mesa, officials said. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said deputies were dispatched at about 12:30 a.m. to the area of Main Street and Hawes Road for reports of a structure fire. Upon arrival, deputies found a small shed on fire in the back of a residence. A man had been pulled out of the burning structure by a resident and was taken to a local hospital. The man passed away from his injuries, MCSO said. The other individual sustained burn injuries while pulling out the injured man. The shed fire was contained by firefighters before it could spread further. MCSO said it appears the fire may have been caused by space heaters plugged into the house through an extension cord. It remains under investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe