Hot Springs firefighters had to battle near-record heat in addition to the fire coming from a residence at 215 Television Hill Road Wednesday afternoon.
Shift Commander Keith Ross told The Sentinel-Record there were no injuries related to the fire, which was reported shortly before 3 p.m., but due to the heat and humidity, they were having to take extra precautions to keep firefighters safe.
One firefighter was seen receiving an IV from LifeNet, and each of the 18 firefighters called to the scene was frequently given water and other drinks. Ross said they were rotating the "crews more frequently" to keep them from getting overheated.
Ross said he was not sure if anyone was in the structure at the time of the fire, which he said "was mainly in the attic." Hot Springs police also responded to the scene.