Fire investigation at former Midtown Anchorage restaurant

  • Source: KTUU-TV NBC 2 Anchorage
  • Published: 04/22/2024 12:00 AM

The Anchorage Fire Department is investigating a fire late Wednesday night, at the former Cattle Company Steakhouse building in Midtown. Flames could be seen coming from the former restaurant at about 11:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Tudor Road. Fire involved a covered part of the structure and exterior walls of the building, Assistant Fire Chief Alex Boyd said. Twelve units responded on-scene and had the fire under control in about 10 minutes. Shane Perkins, the general manager of Anchorage’s Applebee’s restaurant, was among several of his staff and customers who saw the fire. “Definitely did not expect it,” Perkins said. “I was a little shocked. When my employee told me I thought he was joking. Like, I thought he was just trying to get me out front for some reason and ran out there kind of like, ‘oh, wow,’ and there were a lot of people out there videoing and recording.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe