MITAGS West Coast Campus
Location: Seattle, WA
Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS) - West Coast Campus
Position: Fire Fighter Instructor – Part Time
Compensation: Commensurate with Proven Skills
Location: Seattle, WA
Instructors safely and properly conduct maritime training classes for which they are approved by MITAGS and any applicable regulatory body. Instructors report to the Assistant Director or designee.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Present firefighting courses, specifically the following Navy courses:
- Shipboard FFT A-495-0018
- FFT, Gen SCBA A-495-0416
- Adv Shipboard FF J-495-0419
- Gen Shipboard/DC K-495-0045
- Shipboard DC/FF ETT A-495-0021
- Assist in the set up and delivery of fire field training
- Responsible for presenting required curriculum for each lesson in order to achieve learning objectives and meet both regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Responsible for all areas of classroom and practical training throughout the day to meet these objectives.
- Setup classrooms for training and ensure necessary training aids are present and serviceable.
- Advise Assistant Director of any unique requirements in any given class, potential problems or impediments to training.
- Review student medical questionnaires and advise Assistant Director of any potential conditions which could prevent the student from participation in class.
- USCG and/or NFPA approved instructor.
- Train the Trainer certification.
- In-depth knowledge of firefighting and maritime industry
- In-depth knowledge and technical skills, including experience with applicable subject matter, such as first aid, firefighting, hazardous materials and damage control.
- Experience in teaching adults in a classroom and laboratory setting.
- Technical knowledge of firefighting techniques and hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills; initiative and ability to perform tasks and projects with minimum or no guidance required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Strong verbal and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff and clients at all levels required.
- Experience with using basic computer skills, such as Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Requires physical activity due to physical nature of course requirements. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Travel may be required to off-site locations within the United States.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume to the MITAGS Human Resource Manager Jane Sibiski firstname.lastname@example.org