Carbon monoxide scare prompts evacuations in the Bronx

  • Source: WCBS-TV CBS 2 New York
  • Published: 01/25/2023 12:00 AM

It was an early-morning wake-up call Tuesday for residents in the Bronx when a carbon monoxide scare forced people out of their homes. It happened around 6:45 a.m. on Boston Road and 173rd Street in Crotona Park East. Firefighters were called to a report of a manhole fire with high carbon monoxide levels in the area. Crews rushed to evacuate nearby buildings. "It was kind of scary. I was sleeping just like 20 minutes ago, and then I hear banging on my door," one resident said. "I was just trying to go to sleep, because it's mad early. Trying to get up, trying to head to work. That's all you're trying to do. You're trying to get your energy," another resident added. No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe