Mirror sparks fire in outdoor shower at home on Cape Cod

  • Source: WCVB-TV ABC 5 Boston
  • Published: 05/26/2023 12:00 AM

Firefighters on Cape Cod are warning people that mirrors in outdoor showers can create a fire hazard. The Harwich Fire Department shared pictures from a resident that showed an outdoor shower that was damaged by a fire, which is believed to have been sparked by the mirror inside of it. The photos showed a large hole had been burned into a corner of the outdoor shower. "Especially this time of year, when the sun is at a lower angle, there is a real chance of the magnifying mirrors causing a fire," Harwich firefighters wrote on Facebook Wednesday night. According to the resident and the department, the fire damage was confined to the outdoor shower.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe