3 people, dog safely escape south Augusta home fire with minor injuries

  • Source: WRDW-TV CBS/MyNetworkTV 12 Augusta
  • Published: 06/10/2024 11:45 AM

A home fire in south Augusta sent one person to the hospital after a house fire on Monday. According to the Augusta Fire Department, crews responded to the 3700 block of Woodcock Drive around 10:29 a.m. Upon arrival, heavy smoke and flames were visible. Officials say everyone made it out safely. Firefighters extinguished the fire and found three adults and a dog outside the home, according to the fire department. Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen due to unattended cooking. The homeowner has been put in contact with the Red Cross.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe