Four people displaced following kitchen fire in Savannah

  • Source: WJCL-TV ABC 22 Savannah
  • Published: 10/04/2022 12:00 AM

Four people are displaced following a Sunday evening kitchen fire in Savannah. The fire broke out at around 5:30 p.m. at a single-story home on the 1100 block of Althea Parkway. When firefighters arrived on scene, they saw smoke streaming from the home. According to the Savannah Fire Department, a fire on the stove extended to the cabinets, then spread to the attic. SFD said firefighters acted quickly to cut a ventilation hole in the roof and prevent the flames from engulfing the attic. They extinguished the fire, which was contained to the kitchen and attic. No injuries were reported, according to SFD.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe