Stony Hill and Bethel firefighters respond to Bethel chimney fire

  • Source: WLAD-AM 800 Danbury
  • Published: 10/03/2022 09:33 AM

The Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Company and Bethel Fire & EMS responded to a chimney fire at a home this weekend. The resident started a fire in the fireplace without first cleaning or inspecting his chimney. Severe creosote build up caused a significant fire inside the chimney. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the stubborn blaze. The Bethel Fire Marshal is asking residents to brush up on home heating safety as cooler temperatures set in.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe