Fire department called over smoking McDonald’s ice cream machine in Meridianville

  • Source: WKRG-TV CBS 5 Mobile
  • Published: 12/02/2022 12:00 AM

The ice cream machine at McDonald’s is keeping true to its reputation as things got heated at the location in Meridianville, according to local fire officials. Captain Brandon Burgess with the Meridianville Volunteer Fire Department told News 19 that the electric motor inside the ice cream machine overheated and caused smoke inside the restaurant. Fire crews received the call around 1:26 p.m. on Thursday. Burgess emphasized that there was no fire and no customers were inside the building at the time. The machine was unplugged and the situation was quickly resolved. However, Burgess says the location is closed for the time being and will stay that way until the night shift crew arrives, as employees simply got into their cars and left once the incident was over.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe