After Anchorage family loses everything in fire, neighbor helps them start over

  • Source: KTVA-TV CBS 11 Anchorage
  • Published: 03/19/2017 08:53 PM

The inside of Brenda Rainey’s apartment at Chester Creek Estates is charred. A fire on Feb. 18 started in her kitchen while she was cooking and quickly spread, destroying her unit and damaging others. Rainey fell and was unable to get out of the apartment. Her teenage granddaughter dragged her outside to safety. Rainey was taken to the hospital and treated for burns on her forehead and fingertips, as well as smoke inhalation. Ruthanna Carr, who lives about one block away, picked Rainey up from the hospital and has been helping her ever since. She began a fundraising campaign through the website GoFundMe and used social media to collect donations.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe