3 dead, 4 hospitalized with carbon-monoxide poisoning from generator after Hurricane Irma

  • Source: Orlando Sentinel
  • Published: 09/13/2017 12:00 AM

Three people died of carbon-monoxide poisoning on Tuesday from a generator that was running inside their Orange County home after Hurricane Irma, the Sheriff’s Office said. Four other members of the multigenerational family were taken to Florida Hospital in very serious condition. Neighbors in the Kingswood Manor neighborhood near Lee Road — who were still without power Tuesday night — found out about the incident mostly through word of mouth, as helicopters and media arrived on the scene.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe