The IAFC has launched its new website, making it easier and faster for fire and EMS leaders to find the information and resources they need for effective decision making and professional development. The new website represents the first phase of implementing one of the central components of the IAFC’s 2011-2012 strategic plan, which identified creating a knowledge-management system that makes information and knowledge available on a timely basis, as one of its goals.
Both the layout and navigation structure for the new site was developed with input from IAFC members and non-members and provides many new tools::
- Single sign-on, meaning members can interact with members-only resources and their membership profile (including renewal) seamlessly
- Ability for members to create their own unique username and passwords
- More intuitive sorting of resources, including the creation of new Administration Resources and Operations Resources categories.
- Addition of a new Related Content feature that identifies and links to related resources on the site based on the pages the individual is viewing
- Ability to review and rate select content on the site.
- Showcase of the most recent member discussion on the IAFC forums on the homepage
- Instant polls where you can provide feedback on important issues
- Enhanced search capability, making it easier for users to find information and resources
Visit the new www.iafc.org, and keep watching as new and expanded capabilities come online.