Central Fire District
Location: Rigby, ID
The Central Fire District, located in Jefferson County (Rigby) Idaho is accepting applications through 5:00 pm Monday April 30, 2018, for the Full Time Position of Battalion Chief – Volunteer Services/Training. The successful application will have an expected start date of Monday June 4, 2018.
The District: Nestled in a large valley with spectacular views of the Grand Teton Mountains, and minutes away for a wide variety of outdoors adventure, the Central Fire District provides all-hazards Fire and EMS services to approximately 220 square miles mix of rural and suburban communities incorporating portions of Jefferson, Bonneville, and Madison counties Idaho. A combination department, the District averages over 1200 calls per year operated out of four stations. The district also maintains a Technical Rescue Team. Central Fire District is known for the great care we take with our Volunteers and Employees alike, and we have a strong relationship with the communities in which we serve.
The Position: We’re looking for a Full-Time Battalion Chief who will oversee three aspects of our District Operations: (1) Volunteer Recruitment and Retention; (2) District Training Programs; and (3) District Wildland Firefighting Operations.
The pay range we’re offering is $38,000 to $42,000.
We offer the following benefits:
- Participation in the Public Employment Retirement System of Idaho
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Health Care Insurance Benefit.
- Uniform Allowance.
- Demonstrated Experience in Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Programs
- Significant Experience in Volunteer/Combination Fire Department(s)
- Demonstrated Experience in Developing and Maintaining Training Programs
- Demonstrated Adult Education Teaching Experience
- Demonstrated Experience in Managing State and Federal Wildland Cooperator Contract
- Ability to pass a background check, including pre-employment Drug Screen.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain Idaho Driver’s License
- Possession of, or ability to obtain Idaho Emergency Medical Technician Licensure
- Possession of, or ability to obtain IFSAC Firefighter I and Firefighter II Certification
- Possession of, or ability to obtain IFSAC Fire Instructor I Certification
- Possession of, or ability to obtain IFSAC Fire Officer I Certification
- Possession of, or ability to obtain NWCG Single Resource-Engine Boss Certification
The following is an example of the responsibilities in each of the three areas of this position. For a detailed description of all responsibilities of this position please refer to the Position Description/Job Announcement.
- Volunteer Services
- Plan/Organize plan to recruit and place volunteer Firefighter / EMT
- Collaborate with various stations for new volunteer on-boarding/initial training
- Manage and lead through all Volunteer Engagement Opportunities
- Administer and manage district training record system
- Coordinate internal/external instructional staff
- Plan, develop, and implement comprehensive training programs and curriculum
- Department Wildland Operations
- Maintain district compliance with State and Federal Wildland Regulations
- Work with Fire Chief to manage District Incident Qualification System (IQS)
- Maintain/status members and apparatus eligibility for deployment
The Location: The Central Fire District is Headquartered in Rigby, Idaho. The district manages four stations located in Rigby, Ririe, Lewisville, and Menan Idaho. This is a great place to live because of the access to a multitude of outdoor activities. While being one of the fastest growing areas in the state, the communities in which the District Serves all have a small “hometown” feel and are still close enough to larger city amenities in Idaho Falls and Rexburg to not be out of reach.
How to Apply:
Applications are available by contacting the Central Fire District office at (208) 745-6003, website www.centralfiredistrict.com (under “Join Us”) or by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for this position, interested applicants should submit all the following to Central Fire District before 5:00pm on Monday April 30, 2018:
- A signed completed application for employment for Central Fire District;
- A concise letter of introduction summarizing how you have met the requirements of this posting;
- A detailed resume outlining your previous experience highlighting those areas which most closely match to the posted requirements;
- A minimum of three professional references (name, phone number, email address)
The four documents above should be attached to an email and submitted to email@example.com before the closing date of the position.
Candidates will initially be evaluated based upon the outlined requirements for this position as evidenced by their experience and education as documented in their submitted packets.
In person interviews will then be scheduled for those candidates who most closely fit the requirements of the position. Out of area applicants may be interviewed via Skype.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Central Fire District is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, military service, or any state of Idaho protected classifications. Central Fire District does not discriminate against any candidate or employee in hiring or in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment based upon genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation and gender identity, or related medical conditions. Central Fire District will make reasonable accommodations for qualified employees with physical or mental disabilities and for employee’s religious beliefs that conflict with a workplace rule or function. No application will be rejected because of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.
See Attached: Job Posting and Application