Douglas County Fire District No. 2
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Douglas County Fire District No. 2 currently has three Resident Firefighter positions available. We are seeking individuals interested in a fire service career. We are offering the following opportunities which will be extended to successful applicants:
· Residential housing, monthly stipend, and shift schedule with Career staff
· A position at the Washington State Fire Training Academy and the opportunity to complete IFSAC Firefighter I&II, HAZMAT Awareness & Operations (The academy begins in August)
· National EMT Certification
· NWCG Wildland Firefighter II
· Associate of Technical Science Degree in Fire Science at Wenatchee Valley College
· ALL provided through a College and Fire Training Reimbursement Program administered through the Fire District.
Interested applicants can obtain additional information and apply online for a Resident Firefighter position by visiting our website: www.douglasfire2.org or by calling (509) 884-6671.
A competitive testing process consisting of a general knowledge written exam (min. 70% to pass), physical agility test (pass/fail), and oral board interview panel will be conducted in mid-April.
Selections will be made by May 2018
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest!