Deadline January 30, 2018
The conference will bring together emergency hazardous materials response team members, provide training classes, networking opportunities, and showcase the latest in technology for hazmat response teams.
Call for Presentations:
If you have always wanted to present something you're passionate about, now is your chance. The Office of State Fire Marshal is seeking presentations for the 2018 Oregon Hazardous Materials Response Teams Conference to inform, add value, and stimulate conversations in relation to hazardous materials emergency response and training.
Paper Evaluation and Selection
The Conference Planning Committee will review all submissions and select sessions based on relevance, timeliness of the content, and the qualifications of the presenter. New and unique classes are encouraged!
Benefits of Presenting
The Office of State Fire Marshal appreciates the value that each presenter’s expertise, background, and experience bring to Hazmat. As a presenter, you will receive a complimentary full-conference registration, for up to two (2) presenters per session.
· Submissions will only be accepted online. Faxed, emailed, or mailed forms will NOT be accepted.
· Submission of a proposal does not guarantee participation at the 2018 conference.
· Please do not submit a proposal if you and your co-presenters are not available to present any day during the conference.
· Individuals must complete the submission process in its entirety. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
· If selected, all presenters will be required to complete a speaker confirmation agreement which may include, but is not limited to:
- Agreement to serve and deliver presentation(s) at dates and times assigned;
- Indemnify and hold harmless the Office of State Fire Marshal against any or all claims, losses, or damages;
- Grant permission to be photographed or digitally captured;
· - If your submission is selected, information regarding important deadlines and requirements will be provided and must be adhered to.
To submit a proposal, visit: www.oregon.gov/osp/SFM/Pages/Oregon-Hazardous-Materials-Response-Teams-Conference.aspx
Submission deadline: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 (2359 PST).
If you have questions, please contact:
Oregon Hazardous Materials Response Teams Conference Planning Committee Chair